While most businesses have created a Facebook page to reach out to current and potential customers, they may not know that there is another way to capture social media eyes as well and its quickly picking up speed – Google Plus Communities. If used smartly, Google Plus Communities can benefit brands by offering them another way to interact with consumers. For example – a manufacturer of travel gear can interact with members of a ‘Hiking’ Community on Google Plus.
The main purpose of being a part of a Google Plus Community is to interact and have real conversations with people. The brands that are aware that social media is an outlet to connect with existing customers as well as service potential customers are already ahead in the digital race.
Here we will discuss 5 ways Google Plus Communities can be used to benefit your SEO:
- Create awareness about your brand and the services you offer: The communities on Google Plus are pretty upfront – a person who is interested in the main cause of the Community will be a member of that Community. In addition, Google Plus also gives users the option of starting “public” or “private” communities. When a company joins GPC, they should make an effort to interact and have conversations with members of industry related communities. After the community gains popularity and trust has been established – then a company can begin introducing services and products to their followers. The aim here is to establish relationship and not push sales.
- Start a new Community: If there is not a GPC that is related to your company or industry or if a community exists but is set to private, then you have the option to start your own community. Setting up a GPC is simple, but once it is set to go make sure you let people know via other social media outlets.
- Maintain authority on your industry-related discussions: Many industry experts are present on Google Plus and people see it as a chance of getting answers from an expert himself. You may want to set up something similar to show your brand or service has an authority on discussions related to your specific industry.
- The Public Communities on Google Plus are indexed by Google search: This is great news for SEOs. Any and all content that is posted in Public Communities is indexed by Google as well.
- Engage with users: Many users on Google Plus have their own websites, blogs and social media groups so you will find people who are looking to interact with other brands – make sure you do the same. It is important to stay on top of accounts and communities so you can provide the best insight within your industry. Also, chances are that your brand will have better reach if you simply connect to active influential users.
Source: Social Media Today