Get Satisfaction recently reported a “prime problem” budding in the app-industry: iPhone users will encounter a Groupon App error when they try to send a reset password email to an invalid address. An error message appears indicating that that an email is being sent on its way.
If a user forgets the tail end of an email address, such a yahoo.com or gmail.com, and then clicks on “Reset Password,” an error message will appear displaying the text: “Password instructions have been emailed to (the invalid email address provided) and “This may take a minute.”
These were the reported steps that resulted in the misleading message:
1. Download the latest Groupon iPhone app (version 1.6.6)
2. Select the “G” in bottom corner – select “Profile” (While not signed in)
3. From the Profile page, select “Sign In”
4. Select the “Forgot your password?” button
5. From the Reset Password page, enter in a partial email address
6. Press “Reset Password”
To avoid any and all confusion and erroneous implications, heed DDM’s warning:
Type your email address correctly the first time!