LinkedIn’s ever growing popularity and rising traffic count has opened an opportunity for businesses to utilize the professional network to reach out to current and potential customers.According to Experian Marketing Services, LinkedIn received 94M total U.S. visits in December 2012, an increase of 40% in traffic compared to December 2011.
With the rising height of LinkedIn’s traffic now is a great time to start leveraging the network to find and attract your target market.
Here are a few ways to attract high-quality leads with LinkedIn.
1. Consider adding a heavy strong call to action and link: LinkedIn allows its member to add custom to their business page for free. In addition, businesses can set it up so these banners link to various pages on their company site. You can add up to three different linkable product banners (646 pixels x 222 pixels) to the Products & Services section of your company profile. This give businesses the opportunity to funnel LinkedIn traffic to a webinar, case study or other type of targeted landing page. Many businesses are missing out on this easy opportunity to direct prospective clients to visit your businesses “Products & Services” section.
2. Get creative – Add pictures and files: LinkedIn makes it easier for companies to reach out to their target audience through allowing them to tailor status updates to specific LinkedIn connection – based on industry, seniority, job function, etc. In addition, companies can attach files, links or pictures to their status updates. This will help your company’s post stand out from all the others, which increases visibility and click-throughs with each post. Be sure to share a variety of different types of content – including images, links, polls, slides, videos and questions.
3. Post LinkedIn company status updates in the morning: Be sure to post status updates during the time of day your receive the most impressions. While it may not always be morning, monitor the impression numbers in your posts. These LinkedIn post engagement numbers (impressions, clicks and shares) can be seen by anyone who manages your company page, and should be analyzed to figure out what types of posts are driving the most relevant traffic and/or leads to your site.
4. Send custom messages to your target market’s inbox: LinkedIn sponsored Inmail is ten times what regular e-mail is. You don’t need your own contact list because you can work directly with LinkedIn to pick out exactly who you want to e-mail. Construct your message, include URLs and let LinkedIn finish the project for you. It is a great way to build your leads and targeted traffic to your website. Yes, this costs some cash, but the ability to target specific people in organizations can be worth it.
5. Promote a LinkedIn group your target market would have interest in joining: Use industry related groups as opportunities to learn more about your target market and share advice and insights. Make it a personal goal to become a valuable resource and contributor to the community, as well as, a go to figure for advice, news and resources.
Source: Social Media Today